There are a number of train operators who provide sleeper trains overnight for longer journeys, so you can arrive at your destination feeling refreshed the next morning
These sleeper services provide a mixture of accommodation options, including berths and seating.
Unfortunately, you can't buy tickets for seated accommodation on sleeper services from our website. If you require a berth for one of these trains, please contact your train operator direct .
Sleeper services operate nightly between Sunday and Friday, connecting:
- London Euston with most principal business and holiday destinations in Scotland
- London Paddington with Southwest England and Cornwall
Customers joining the train the starting point of the sleeper service may occupy cabins well before departure. At terminating stations, customers may vacate cabins at any time up to approximately 08:00, on trains which arrive at an earlier time (except London Paddington where customers must vacate by 07:00).
Beds on board sleeper services are known as sleeping berths. In the case of compartments with two berths, one berth is on top of the other in a double-bunk arrangement. The lower berth in this double-bunk arrangement can be folded away when only the top one is being used.
Sleeping berths are fully air-conditioned, with fingertip temperature control. Each cabin contains a comfortable bed, wall-to-wall carpeting, a mirror, shaver sockets, drinking water and a soft towel, as well as hot water for the washbasin. Steward(ess) service is available at the touch of a button throughout your journey.
ScotRail's 'Caledonian' Sleeper
- First Class customers receive a toiletry pack and will be woken with a light breakfast accompanied by tea or coffee and a complimentary newspaper
- Standard Class customers are served a piece of shortbread with tea or coffee. Full breakfast may be purchased
First Great Western 'Night Riviera' Sleeper
- Customers receive welcome packs containing toiletries for the journey
- A dedicated host is on hand throughout the journey, to help passengers settle in, arrange an early morning call, take breakfast orders and provide room service